Monday, December 8, 2014

Thoughts For Today

The only way to stop prayerlessness is to pray!  Matthew 11: 28-30 states, “Come unto me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.”  Let’s take a moment and examine what the Lord is saying to us.


· Come unto me - The Lord is extending an invitation to come and spend time with Him.
· All you who labor and are heavy laden - Every care, every concern, every worry and every need can be laid at His feet.
· I will give you rest - When you trust completely in Him to do the work, you can rest.
· Take my yoke upon you - Resisting every call except the Lord’s will keep you free from every encumbrance.
· Learn of me - Spend time at His feet.  Worship Him.  Praise Him.  Bring your petitions before Him.  Read the Word and let your prayers rise as incense before Him.
· I am gentle and lowly of heart - The Lord knows your circumstances and He remembers your frame is made of dust.  He wants you to know that you can come to Him and He will be tender toward you.
· You shall find rest for your souls - When you do take the time to pray and be with our Lord, it is a time of refreshing and rest.  You can really lay down the weights that have been holding you back from a deeper relationship with Him.
· My yoke is easy - When you seek the Lord’s will for your life, He will direct you and the work of your hands will be blessed.
· My burden is light - The Lord knows what you can and cannot bear.  As you seek Him, He will prepare you for the tasks ahead.