Monday, January 26, 2015

Thoughts For Today

“Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day” (Psalm 25:4-5).  The word “truth” means certainty, stability, truth, rightness, and trustworthiness.  Truth originates from the Hebrew word “emet” which is derived from the verb “aman” meaning, “to be firm, permanent and established.”  Emet conveys a sense of dependability, reliability and firmness.  When truth is in evidence, it is something that can wholeheartedly be depended upon.  Remarkably, the word “emet” is spelled with the first, middle and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet.  Hence, it has been concluded that truth upholds the first and last of God’s creation and everything in between.    

“The Lord is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King…” (Jeremiah 10:10). 
“I am the way, the truth, and the life...” (John 14:6)” 
“Everyone who is of truth hears My voice” (John 18:37). 
“If you abide in My Word, you are My disciples indeed.  And you shall know the truth, and the    truth shall make you free” (John 8:31-32).
“Gird your waist with truth...” (Ephesians 6:14). 
“Truth will be your shield...” (Psalm 91:4). 
“It is the Spirit that bears witness, because the Spirit is truth” (1 John 5:6). 
“I have no greater joy than to hear that My children walk in truth” (3 John 4). 

As we abide in God’s Word, we truly become disciples of Christ, seeking His truth.  Because God is Spirit, we must commune with Him through intimacy with Him.  As we sincerely seek Him, bringing our spirit, soul and body into the spiritual reality of God’s Presence, it becomes much easier to trust that His Word is true and that He is truly Who He says He is.  Truth in this context literally means to be hidden or to escape notice.  The Hebrew form of this word is “aletheia” and is the opposite of fictitious, feigned, or false.  It denotes veracity, reality, sincerity, accuracy, integrity, truthfulness, dependability, and propriety. 
Never doubt that God is: 
Certain Right, Permanent Sincere, Stable, Trustworthy, Accurate, Full of Integrity 
Firm, Truthful, Real, Reliable, Established, Dependable.